Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Magic Kingdom's treasures (in my eyes)

The Magic Kingdom is my very favorite park.  It always is the park that I visit first.  I can spend hours just walking into this wonderful world and never get bored.  I just feel happy and peaceful.  This post will be the first in a series of tips, or as I call them "treasures" of that park. 

A lot of aspects of parks are often forgotten about.  In an effort to see it all, we don't always take time to appreciate the little touches and details that surround us.  The first one is that little side street on Main Street USA.  .  



(This picture does not belong to me.  I borrowed it from http://www.unknownmagicwithinwaltdisneyworld.com/2011/04/take-load-off.html)

This place always seems to be quiet and peaceful.  It is true that you have to want to go there to be there, since there is no attraction down there.  Other than a door from the jewelry store, there is barely anything.  When it is quiet, you can hear music from the "businesses" on the second floor  such as music and singing lessons.  I love to go get something at the bakery (my faves are either a huge apple turnover, or a cupcake) along with some coffee, and just sit there.  It is true that you have to walk back towards the entrance of the park (from the bakery) to get to that spot, but to me, it is worth it. 

People watching is a great past time for veteran Walt Disney World goers.  I love seeing the happy people come into the park.  And that place allows that, and at the same time, you are able to eat your breakfast without the chaos that is often associated with the Bakery.  You get to finish your coffee and eat while no one is trying to get to the table next to yours by rolling over your feet with their huge stroller.

At certain times of day, you may even be able to watch the "silhouette makers".  As an art teacher and an artist, I love looking at them work.  They are so good.  I wish I could do that.

As you will see, my travel style is about stopping and smelling the roses from time to time.  My work keeps me going and running around all school-year long.  So when I have no agenda, I try to relax and recover some energy that has been left along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment